PE and Sport Premium
In this academic year, the school received £8,670 to support PE and sport in the school. The premium contributed to employing a specialist PE teacher (total cost £17,004). The PE teacher was employed for 2 days per week and they delivered high quality PE lessons, provided professional development for staff and led extra curricular sport across the school.
- PE and sport enjoyed a higher profile in school through the introduction of a weekly PE Newsletter and dedicated PE assemblies. Children's interest and engagement increased.
- Children's fitness levels increased through the introduction of 2 hour PE lessons. This meant that, in line with advice from the DfE, children are now able to engage in sustained activity.
- Children became more resilient though more opportunities for competitive sport. This was possible by introducing intra school competitions and showcases into every module of learning in the PE curriculum.
- Engagement in inter school competitions increased from 50% of Key Stage 2 to 80%.
- The responsibility and self esteem of children who were trained and deployed as Sports Leaders improved.
- Increased meaningful physical activity at breaktimes meant that behaviour improved.
- The self esteem of children who take part in PE and sport improved through the introduction of a reward system.
Achievement in PE and sport can be evidenced through the achievement of Sainsbury's GOLD School's Games Mark. Over 1600 schools applied for the kitemark and only 4% (70 schools) achieved gold status. The full criteria for the Gold Award can be found on www.yourschoolgames.com
This year, the school will receive £8635 to support PE and sport in the school. Again, we will use this to contribute towards our dedicated PE teacher. Please clink on the link below to see our current action plan.