Our school commitment
The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
At Prince Bishops Primary School
- We work to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of:
- Their age
- A disability
- Their ethnicity, colour or national origin
- Their gender
- Their gender identity
- Their marital or civil partnership status
- Their being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- Their religion or belief
- Their sexual identity and orientation.
- We recognise that some pupils need extra support to help them to achieve and be successful
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, especially pupils, parents and those of us who can be treated less favourably.
We welcome our duties
- To promote community cohesion (under the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- To eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations (under the Equality Act 2010)
We also welcome the emphasis of Ofsted inspections on the importance of accelerating the progress of pupils from groups who are underachieving.
As part of this we will:
- Outline how we have due regard for equality and how we promote community cohesion
- Publish our Equality Policy, Audit and Action Plan
- Publish equality objectives to show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and improve what we do
Educate and Celebrate
Prince Bishops is an Educate and Celebrate Best Practice School. Please click on this link to find out more about the programme:
Click on the this link to see some of our Educate and Celebrate work this year: